Responsive HTML5 Drupal 7 Base Theme
Adaptivetheme is a powerful theme framework designed from the ground up to power modern, cross browser/cross device websites using responsive design techniques.
Adaptivetheme allows you to set up specific layouts for different device groups - such as desktop, tablet and smartphone - all with zero coding. Its all easy point-and-click configuration.
The layout system is entirely pluggable, so while AT ships with many layout options by default you can easily extend this in your sub-theme with your own layout plugins.
Adaptivetheme is blindingly fast - it employs extensive use of drupal_static and other caching techniques to speed up page rendering and delivery. If you're not fast you're last, right?
You get all this and more with Adaptivetheme:
- Responsive design methodology
- Pluggable layout system
- SASS integration
- Polyfills for backwards compatibility with older browsers
- Supports mobile first and desktop first methods
- SEO - source ordered and fast
- WCAG 2.0 level AA compliance - #d7ax 110% committed to accessibility
- RDFa, ARIA Roles & clean markup
There is extensive documentation on setting up and using Adaptivetheme for themers and site builders available in our documentation section.
To help support our open source projects we offer our Premium Drupal Theme Club. Club members get prioritised support for any Adaptivetheme related issue and access to our range of premium responsive Drupal themes.
AT 7.x-3.x ships with optional "Extensions". These are easy point and click style settings such as fonts, heading styles, layout tweaks, image alignment and much more!
All extensions are optional and can be toggled on and off as required. The extensions are designed to be light weight and theme specific - they are comparably much faster and lighter than installing modules to achieve the same result.
These are the defaults that ship with the core theme (styled sub-themes have more):
- Apply fonts to site elements (page, titles, headings, menus and custom selectors). Supports websafe, custom and Google fonts, and @font-your-face integration.
- Title styles
- Fine grain control over case, weight, alignment and CSS3 text shadows for page title, node, comment and block titles.
- Image alignment and captions
- Set default image alignment and enable image captions.
- Apple touch icons
- Check this setting if you want to use touch icons for iOS, Android and Nokia devices.
- Unset CSS Files
- Options to unset (exclude) CSS files from loading in your theme - includes settings for Core modules, CSS added by Libaries and your own declared exclusions (see your themes info file under "Stylesheets").
- Custom CSS
- Enter custom CSS rules for minor adjustment to your theme. Useful if you do not want to build a sub-theme and need modifications to survive theme upgrades if required.
- Mobile Regions and Blocks
- Unset regions or move blocks to another region in mobile devices. Requires the Browscap module for mobile device detection.
- Float Region blocks
- Float blocks in any region - this allows blocks to line up horizontally within a region, similar to a CSS grid or columns.
- Markup overrides
- Many additional options for adding, removing, hiding and changing site elements and markup - includes:
- Set the gutter width
- Use page--full-width-wrappers.tpl.php for 100% width header and footer designs
- Enable page--[content-type].tpl.php suggestions
- Wrap menu item text in SPAN tags
- Breadcrumb Settings - hide, hide the home link, configure seperator, append the page title
- Login Block - hide links, hide OpenID links, horizontal login block
- Remove the frontpage title
- Do not display the Main content block on the front page
- Remove RSS feed icons
- Hide comment titles
- Remove menu link titles (tool tips)
- Accessibility settings - set the skip navigation target ID, use extra fieldsets in the advanced search form
- Add rel=author to user names
- Add or remove CSS classes for pages, nodes, blocks, comments, menus and item lists
Always match version for version - this means the subtheme and Adaptivetheme core need to be the same version, for example:
Adaptivetheme 7.x-3.x => use 7.x-3.x sub-themes
Adaptivetheme 7.x-2.x => use 7.x-2.x sub-themes
Adaptivetheme sub-themes include:
- Pixture Reloaded
- AT Commerce (full support for the Commerce module)
- AT Panels Everywhere
- Premium themes