NOTE: This project was previously the http://drupal.org/project/iconfonts module.
Icon fonts are awesome because:
- You can easily change the size
- You can easily change the color
- You can easily shadow their shape
- They can have transparent knockouts, which work in IE6 unlike alpha transparent pngs.
- You can do all the other stuff image based icons can do, like change opacity or rotate or whatever.
- You'll be able to do things like add strokes to them with text-stroke or add gradients/textures with background-clip: text; once browser support is a bit deeper.
(List from http://css-tricks.com/examples/IconFont/ which also allows you to try out these adjustments on a set of icons).
This project is built as part of the Spark distribution to include iconfonts used in various modules for administrative tasks, but is currently not utilised by that distribution.
You can find the source SVG files at http://drupal.org/files/admin_icons.zip