The Akamai modules provides an integration with the Akamai Cache Control Utility (CCU) Web Service. This enables the purge/invalidation of cached URLs in the Akamai Global Network in response to different site events. It purges not only the canonical url for your page/node (node/123) but also any associated URL aliases.
The various mechanisms to clear Akamai cache are:
- Through an admin screen, allowing the specification of any number of URLs to clear manually.
- Through a block that can be put on your site to allow any specific page you are viewing to be cleared from the Akamai cache with a button click.
- Automatically responds to node updates and pushes cache clears for the node and any aliases.
This module also integrates with Context HTTP Headers to allow the specification of Akamai specific HTTP Response Headers to be set on any site page in reaction to a Context condition.
The development of this module was done as part of the Whitehouse.gov project and was sponsored by The Executive Office of the President.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Performance and Scalability, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 187 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,601
- Last modified: October 27, 2010