This module integrates the excellent HTML5 "true WYSIWYG" editor Aloha Editor) with Drupal.
- The 7.x-1.x version of this module is the original version of this module. (Also see the history below.)
- The 7.x-2.x version of this module is developed as part of the Spark project.
- The 8.x-2.x version of this module is being proposed for Drupal core inclusion. It has feature parity with the 7.x-2.x version.
By installing the Edit module, you will also be able to use Aloha Editor to edit nodes/fields in-place, on the front-end, as well!
This module is under very active development! Hence: no stable releases! When installing: please do read the installation instructions!
This module was originally developed by (mainly) iler and muhleder. At the Spark project, we also adopted Aloha Editor, but chose to not use this module. At the time, this module was still using the ExtJS-based version of Aloha Editor, while the jQuery UI version was upcoming. Furthermore, the Spark team was lucky enough to be able to work directly with the Aloha Editor developers, allowing us to push for some much-needed changes that enabled a much cleaner integration between Aloha Editor and Drupal. It's amazing how far iler & muhleder managed to push this module given the constrained circumstances they had to work within.
At DrupalCon Munich, the Spark project was well-received, and as such we decided to start working on step 1 of getting the Edit module (for in-place editing) in core: get Aloha Editor in core, for use on Drupal back-end forms. This module was the perfect namespace. quicksketch and Wim Leers proposed this and muhleder and iler responded favorably: #1704414-9: Aloha switched to jQuery UI; change module to match. Hence, the 7.x-2.x version of this module is actually code that comes from the Edit module: #1760386: Migrate Aloha Editor integration from the Edit module and make it work on the back-end.
Such is the history of this module! :)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 274 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,283
- Last modified: October 8, 2012