This module is an add-on for the Apache Solr Search Integration module.
It will make it possible to index info from a location field (city, zip, province, country and coordinates) into a SOLR index. Additionally it provides extra facets for city, zip, province and country.
In the future I want to provide a geospatial search block, that will use the indexed coordinates. That way you'll be able to provide a city and radius. The city will be translated to coordinates and SOLR will return all items within that reach.
- Indexing of information in a location field in SOLR (city, zip, province, country)
- You get facets for the indexed information of the location field (city, zip, province, country)
- Indexing of the coordinates of the location in SOLR. This will make it possible to do geospatial search with SOLR.
- I want to add a basic search block (you can enable) to do geospatial search
- I want to add an advance block (you can enable) to do geospatial search with a visual map
- For the moment only location fields on nodes get indexed, I would like to make it possible to index a location field on any entity.
To make use of this module you need these modules:
And you need a Solr server. Nick_vh has a good tutorial on installing Solr on your local machine.
Once these requirements are met, you can configure the connection with the Solr server & configure the facets on your search page, add a content type with a location field, create some nodes. Then you can start indexing your content. Go to the search page and you'll be able to search your nodes and filter the location facets.