Author Taxonomy allows you to assign one or more authors to a node using terms from a taxonomy of author names. This module also provides a fully themable replacement for your byline (the "submitted by Username on date" text).
- Displays author names in a serialized manner: "Jane and Jack" or "Jane, Jack, and Joe."
- Replaces your theme's default post information output (the "submitted by Username on date" text). This is possible in the 5.x version, but it requires changing some lines in your theme.
- NEW! Author terms can be associated with actual user accounts. (6.x-1.x only.)
- IMPROVED! Links each author term to either: (1) a page that lists all nodes tagged with that author or (2) the profile of the user associated with that author. (Option 2 is available only in 6.x-1.x.)
- Option to overwrite the "real" author -- that is, the user who created and published the node -- if one of the author taxonomy terms matches a username.
- Timestamps can be customized using PHP's date() function format strings.