The module is based on the free gabbly.com chat widget technology. It allows you to embed a chat system in your site with minimal work.
The chat window uses AJAX to avoid page refreshes.
Standard Gabbly chat widget features include:
- Mute individual users from conversation
- Sounds on/off
- Show/hide user list
In addition to the standard Gabbly features i've added:
- Ability to provide your site users with multiple chat rooms.
- Access control for chat usage
- Make chat rooms semi-private so people cannot just guess the name and join from outside of your site.
- If you allow anonymous users to chat, they can configure their nick name. Logged in users must use their Drupal username.
Developed by Ixis