This is the basic module we use on all our client sites. Feel free to use it on your sites too, however, be warned that it's written specific for our client setup.
It adds a line to admin/logs/status to show the svn tag and revision number.
It adds an admin/logs/patch page to view all of the patches used on the site. Our standard is to create a patch file with the d.o number and put it in the module directory. Thus, if #143888: support subqueries was a d.o. patch number, the patch file would be named 143888.patch. Note that because of this feature, a dependency on the update_status 2.x module now exists.
This module includes our basic simpletests. Most of the simpletests are generic enough to be used by everyone. But be warned that some are not.
Some of the tests that the module currently handles are:
- All custom blocks in the custom module are used, checks for extra code that can be removed.
- Files directory is setup properly.
- Goolgle Analytics is configured properly.
- Htaccess is configured properly.
- Recommended modules are installed, and non-recommended ones are not installed.
- Panels are configured properly.
- Caching is turned on, and the op-code cache is enabled
- All files are checked out of SVN properly.
- Tinymce is configured properly.
- Update_status module is enabled and reports critical errors.
- Views are configured properly.