The Clickbank IPN module handles payment notifications from the Clickbank service enabling vendors to automatically provide users with accounts and roles necessary for file downloads, site memberships etc. upon the completion of a sale or a subscription through Clickbank, making this module one of the best Clickbank vendor scripts out there.
Even affiliates may benefit from this script by providing instant bonuses (downloads, content access) for the customer upon a sale!
For those unfamiliar with Clickbank, it is the best affiliate marketing network for selling digital products online with a horde of affiliates (more than 100 000). Clickbank also manages payment processing for your customers and affiliates.
- Sell Roles (even authenticated user) through Clickbank (a role for example can download a pdf, a video etc)
- Sell Site Membership as a one-time product they buy or as a recurring subscription
- Automatically create a user account for the buyer and email them their login information
- Automatically remove the role if the subscription expires, or the user performs a refund, chargeback or subscription cancellation. (this is being worked on)
-Version 2 brings total integration with Drupal, since Clickbank IPNs are now stored as Drupal nodes, enabling integration with all the power house Drupal modules like Views,CCK, Charts, Notifications etc. Therefore one can build custom views, like Top Affiliates (ideal for running a monthly competition), Top Vendors, etc. Imagination is the limit. If you build any do share some cool views in the support queue so I may include it.
- Version 3 brings even more power with Rules integration. This will allow complete customisation of actions taken on SALE, REFUND, CANCELLATION etc. events, so for example custom emails can be sent, user role revoked, user deleted, banned etc. (Demotion of role is still being worked on! You can help develop and test here: #932484: Load User action by email)
Thank Me :):
If you like this module and use it you can thank me by signing up under my Clickbank vendor referral link here. I will get a small percentage from CB processing fees only for each sale you make, so it wont cost you anything.
1) If you don't already have the fantastic Plugin Manager module, install it. (as well as the Admin Menu module here) Next, install all the dependencies for this module:
Views, Rules, Features, CCK, Email, Date and enable them. Also enable content_copy, number and text modules in CCK package.
Next, download and install this clickbank module.
2) Set up your products on Clickbank, such as file downloads, videos, subscriptions/memberships etc. For the API settings, set it to send the notification to http://www.yoursite.com/clickbank/ipn
3) Create roles in your Drupal site, configure permissions. (see NOTES further down for some tips)
4) In http://www.yoursite.com/admin/settings/clickbank you will need to set the Secret Key, which will be provided to you by Clickbank.
5) On the Rules interface you can enable the clickbank rules and edit them. You will need to set what role to give during role assignment, and also your Clickbank product item number.
6) Test your solution thoroughly with Clickbank IPN testing functionality.
- If you are new to the whole Drupal thing, you may want to start with the Acquia Drupal distribtion at
- This module is meant to be used in conjunction with an Access Control module such as Content Access or Node Privacy By Role or so that only certain roles can access 'premium' content on your site.
- For File Downloads you should consider Private Download but there are many other file protection methods in Drupal.
- This module is not built by Clickbank, and I am not a Clickbank employee.
- A cool performance module for heavy hitter sites is Boost. A must module for that server melting CB Traffic :)
6.1 series was inspired by the Click2Sell Module by wildkatana
6.2 is a rewrite according to my own ideas such as full Drupal integration
6.3 Rules and Features integration
When asking for a feature please provide a patch as well. If you want priority treatment please send me your clickbank id so I can check your contributions to my efforts :)
If you have not signed up under me but want a feature super quick consider hiring a 3rd party who can write a patch for this module.
When providing a patch first post it in the issue queue, get it approved and tested by the community and then it will be committed to this module.
Suggested / Upcoming Features:
1) Clickbank just quitely released v2 of their IPN. Will be updating the module to use this soon.
2) Integration with one of the best cart solutions of today:Ubercart (similar to UC Paypal Buttons module)
Please use the issue queue here for support requests.