Notice: This module is no longer being developed. The majority of the planned updates to this module would make it nearly functionally equivalent (including implementation details) to nodeaccess_userreference which has a larger number of sites installed. If you would like to takeover development of this module please open an issue requesting maintainer status.
Coherent access provides a simple way to create shared editing and viewing of nodes between users. The node types controlled via coherent access can be controlled via the admin settings. Users also receive email notification when they are given edit and view rights over nodes, and the content of these emails is fully configurable.
Default behavior access control is;
- only authors can edit
- all users can view
- only the author may delete
The author can modify the settings as follows;
- They may add additional editors which will be given edit capabilities as well as view capabilities
- They may add viewers. As soon as one user is added to the view list only those listed in the view and edit lists as well as the author may view the node
- The author cannot change the delete privileges
- For author-only editing and viewing it is expected the author will un-publish a node
These access settings are available at node creation time.
* Depending on the setting of a nodes 'input format' some users may not be granted edit privileges when explicitly set as an editor via coherent access. This will happen when a user is not allowed to use the input format the node is set to. eg. If user 'john' creates a node and sets the input format to "Full HTML" and then adds user 'joe' as an editor, but joe is not allowed to use "Full HTML" then 'joe' will not be able to edit the node.
Coherent Access was developed by the friendly primates at Funnymonkey