This package contains both a flexible date/time field type Date field and a Date API that other modules can use.
The D5 and D6 versions of the Date field require the Content Construction Kit (CCK) module. The D7 version works with the core Field functionality.
The Drupal Handbook pages are at Date/Calendar Documentation.
Be sure to read Debugging Information before reporting a problem. Going through those steps may resolve your problems and will help provide enough information to tell if this is a bug.
The D8 branch is being upgraded with a hope to getting some of it into core. The branch will only be usable in conjunction with the related core patches. Outstanding patches include the following:
- #1802278: Add a Date component to core
- #1811912: Add pluggable calendar backend to core and centralize date translation
- #501428: Date and time field type in core
Note that the latest code includes two new modules, Date Repeat Field, a module to create date fields that use the Date Repeat API, and Date All Day, a module to manage handling of All Day values, including adding an All day checkbox to the widget. Both of those were formerly included in the basic Date module but have been pulled out to streamline the code and make it possible to disable them. They also serve as examples of how other modules can intervene to alter date processing.
I've added preliminary support for SQLLite and SQLServer. This is experimental and probably not stable. People who use those databases will need to help debug issues before they can really be considered supported.
Token support is not working in D7. See http://drupal.org/node/1103032 (read the issue summary at the top of that issue).
- NEW! Dates With Drupal 7 a series of videos about configuring and using the Date module on Drupalize.me. Note: Introduction & Date configuration and settings videos are free. More advanced Date video topics require Drupalize.me membership.
- NEW! Calendars with Drupal 7 a series of videos about configuring and using the Calendar module on Drupalize.me. Note: The introductory videos are free, advanced videos require Drupalize.me membership.
- What's New in Date and Calendar in Drupal 7
- DEPRECATED: D7.3 Calendar installation & configuration screencast from Arlin Sandbulte
- DEPRECATED: D7.2 Calendar installation & configuration screencast from Sean Effel at DrupalTherapy.com
Date 6.2 now requires the jQuery UI module (http://drupal.org/project/jquery_ui) for the Date Popups datepicker to work!
PHP 4, 5.0, & 5.1 are no longer actively supported. If you want dates to work correctly you need to use PHP 5.2 or higher.
View a free video on Date and Calendar by Karen Stevenson from Drupalize.me.
- D6 Calendar installation & configuration screencast from Arlin Sandbulte.
- Date/Calendar from Drupal Therapy by Sean Effel.
- How to create an Upcoming Events list using the Date & Calendar Modules from Arlin Sandbulte
- Jan Polzer has produced a Czech screencast about how to use the Date Wizard and Calendar at Maxiorel.
This is the beginning of a list of modules that extend Date to solve particular problems. Please check them out if the core Date functionality isn't sufficient for your needs.