The Deploy module is designed to allow developers to easily stage Drupal content from one site to another. Deploy automatically manages dependencies between objects (like node references). It is designed to have a rich API which can be easily extended to be used in a variety of situations.
The Drupal 7 version will see a complete rewrite to provide a more flexible API and workflow and to take full advantage of the new APIs in core.
Deploy for Drupal 6 makes extensive use of the Services 6.x-2.x module for communicating with remote sites. (As of 07/18/2011, Services 6.x-3.x is incompatible, and there are no plans to make it so.)
Please read the installation and usage documentation before using the Deployment module. There are a lot of moving parts and while its not "hard" to setup, there are several steps to go through. Also, you can watch these screencasts:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Import/Export, Utility
- Reported installs: 771 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 15,880
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 10, 2012