ELMS Media is the Asset management solution created for use with ELMS by the e-Learning Institute at Penn State. ELMS Media can be applicable to serving media assets to any website (drupal and non-drupal) but takes into account certain criteria that educational institutions must take into account when storing and serving media.
- Copyright Storage and management
- Embed code system to reduce headaches of learning object / img / html code
- Powerful Image template system for creating standard image handling templates
- Integrated JWPlayer for video and audio serving
- Optional support for RTMP media streamers like wowza, red5 and FMS
- Module to help integrate other drupal sites with an ELMS Media system
- Transcription / Captioning support for video/audio
- Support for FLV, MP4, MP3, MOV, JPG, PNG, and all major document types
ELMS Media won a 2011 Campus Technology Innovator Award under the name ELIMedia and its development is sponsored by the ELMS Initiative at Penn State. Also make sure to check out the ELMS distribution that this project was created for use with.