Entity Connect now expands both Entity reference and References (node_reference and user_reference) fields by adding "add new content" and "edit current content" buttons. It will work with all default widgets provided by Entity reference and References (node_reference and user_reference) .
The Drupal module will allow you to dynamically create and edit entities (see bellow for the list of currently working entity types)
which should be referenced into an Entity reference field.
It will help you to improve the User Experience for creation of new entities or edition of linked entities on your entity reference fields.
The "add a new" button will enable you to add / create a new entity. The first form will be cached then the new form will be generated. Once the new form is completed and saved the user will return to the original form.
The "edit" button will take the user to the edit form of the referenced entity. Once the user is done editing, he is sent back to the previous form.
List of working entities in 7.x-1.0-beta1
- Node / Content type
Beta 1 release also include:
- Includes partial support with entityreference_view_widget
- Includes partial support for new Entity (Reference) selection mode : Views. Currently works for Node Entity.
- Allows you to edit selected entity directly after the selection for all widgets
- Includes support for Field Collection module
- Copy entityconnect into your modules directory and then enable it on the admin modules page
- Define permissions on admin/people/permissions page
- Go to your form which contains entityreference, you should see an add and/or edit button on the right of line.
7.x-1.x-RC or Stable will come when all core entities will be supported.
Release 7.x-2.x goals are:
- Let developpers have an easy way to add Widget and entity treatments.
- Add Commerce Entities and reference fields for product reference fields
- Add compatibility with the following Entities UI modules:
- ECK (Entity Construction Kit) (Postponed due to the issue between Entity Reference and ECK rendering #1512950: No Referenced content display for ECK entities)
The development was sponsored by Addvista.