UPDATE 16 February, 2013: The module will be undergoing a rewrite in the 2.x branch to fix #1908518: 1 step insert could cause memory issue and add the ability to migrate taxonomy terms (see #1681908: Migrate D7 Term reference field to Entity Reference?). If you wish to use this module (and right now, it is *STRICTLY* for migrations from node reference and user reference fields), use the 1.x branch. If you wish to help out, please help with 2.x :)
The purpose of this module is to migrate fields created from the References module to the Entity Reference module. This is a continuation of the amazing work from #1308490: Migration from references module. The code has been converted into a drush plugin along with a rudimentary web ui (needs more testing). Pieces that have been worked on in the code include being able to specify which field should get migrate (so not all pieces get migrated at once), migration of field settings, and possible migration of views settings.
What currently works:
- References field deletion and EntityReference Field creation
- Mapped most of the possibilities that were on the References Field display settings
- Migrate fields individually.
- A web UI that will let you migrate any new / remaining references fields. Drush is still your best bet for ensuring sites with large sets of data in references fields get migrated properly.
What needs to be done:
- Views Integration (references id -> entity references id migration for arguments is working. Everything else (other arguments, filters, fields, relationships, etc.) however, still needs to be done).
- Respect the widget settings that were on the References Field.
- Code cleanup.