"Expire Questions" extends the Answers module.
Answers provides a question & answer service. Users can post questions and other users can answer them.
Expire Questions enables questions to automatically "expire" after a preset amount of time has past. The goal is to focus attention on the most recent questions and for contributors to not be distracted by questions for which answers may no longer be needed. After a question expires, it is locked and answers can no longer be provided.
Expire Questions allows administrators to define:
- How long until questions expire
- Whether authors can extend questions if they still want answers
- If so, how many times authors can extend questions
- How many times authors can extend expiration
- Whether authors should be notified by email when: 1) questions may be extended and 2) questions have expired
- The text of notification messages
The module uses hook_cron to review questions periodically. So, for it to work, you need to run cron regularly (e.g., daily).