The Fivestar voting module adds a clean, attractive voting widget to nodes in Drupal 5, node and comments in Drupal 6, and any entity in Drupal 7. Developed by Lullabot and an officially supported module in Acquia Drupal.
- jQuery rollover effects and AJAX no-reload voting
- Configurable star sets
- Support for anonymous voters
- Spam protection to keep users from filling your DB with bogus votes
- Easy-to-use integration with Views module for lists sorted by rating, or filtered by min/max ratings
- A Fivestar CCK field for use in custom node types
- An easy-to-use Form API element type for use in other modules
- Compatible with all versions of jQuery (1.0 - 1.4.4)
This module is dependent on the Voting API. Voting API provides database storage of votes, as well as Views integration. You'll need to download Voting API, and Views is highly suggested if you want to create pages of results or use ratings to sort content.
If configuring Views containing Fivestar widgets, Lullabot has a helpful videocast on creating Fivestar-based views (for Drupal 6 only).
Fivestar works best with the latest stable release of Drupal 5 or 6. Please make sure you are running the latest copy of your version of Drupal before uisng Fivestar (Drupal 5.6 or higher is strongly recommended).
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Evaluation/Rating
- Reported installs: 30154 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 431,804
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: May 29, 2012