GCal Events is a module which will display a block of upcoming events. The source for the events is a google calendar xml feed.
- Can read from public or private google calendar
- Multiple (unlimited?) blocks can be set up, each configured independently
- Date/Time display format can be configured
- Timezone can be configured (PHP 5.1 and higher)
- Display uses templates, so each item (title, location, date, description, url, etc) can be configured for each block. Very flexible and powerful!
- Customizable "footer" to include brief information about the calendar ("provided by so-and-so", "updated weekly", a link to the full calendar, ical feed link, etc)
- Customizable "no upcoming events" text to display when no events are coming up.
- Recurring events are now handled!
- "Today Only" option at the block-level
SimplePie version 1.1.3 is confirmed to work with this module
- untar into modules directory (sites/all/modules)
- Download SimplePie (http://simplepie.org/)
- Copy simplepie.inc into the modules/gcal_events directory
- Create a cache directory that is writeable by the webserver (defaults to modules/gcal_events/cache)
- Create an input filter to use for gcal_events (I recommend calling it gcal_events). You will most likely want this input filter to be accessible to anonymous users.
- Make sure to select this new input filter in the gcal events module configuration.
- Click the "Read documentation" link below
Note: Demo page is just a display demo, not a log-in-and-play-with-settings demo.
Drupal 7 - under active development, release imminent.
Drupal 6 - maintenance fixes only.