This module was marked unsupported due to a security issue the maintainer never fixed. See SA-CONTRIB-2012-071 for details. It's just been taken over by a new maintainer and it should be fixed and republished soon.
What it does for SEO
This module generates internal node to node, node to taxonomy or node to external URL links (crosslinks) automatically - ideal for SEO of your site's pages and partner pages.
It is node-based, so it looks for node titles in node bodies, node CCK fields, Note Taxnomy terms and links them to nodes, terms or external URLs.
Check the documentation for details.
Major Rewrite v 3.x
- A new Filter type was added to make use of the drupal-internal caching-feature while being more compatible with other modules.
- Multiple configuration-patterns allow a fine-grained linking strategy
- Multiple Styles for Keywords applicable. (Link, Hovertip & Reference)
- Module-specific fields get rid of the Content dependency.
- Taxonomy Terms may now also be used to reference to content.
- You can include/exclude HTML tags to be filtered
- You can link content within languages
- Unicode compatibility
- Case insensitivity option. Example: "drupal" will also linkify "Drupal"
- Decide to link a node to itself or not
- A setting to parse teasers too
- A setting to link only first occurance of a keyword
- Caching => Speed
- Cleaner naming convention
- No more global variable cluttering, single configuration file for the whole module.
- Keywords are now being stored in a table.
Backwards compatibility is given from 6.x-2.5.
- Version 2.x / 3.x requires http://drupal.org/project/simplehtmldom to parse the DOM tree.
- Download, enable and setup at admin/settings/glossify.
- Make sure to enable the Glossify filter for the input-formats here: /admin/settings/filters/list
- Install the Hovertip module to use hovertips http://drupal.org/project/hovertip
Version 3.0 stable is underway!
The whole module has been rewritten by the new maintainer segments on the 24th of August, 2010.
Why Glossify helps for SEO
SEO - This module auto links your site's content to nodes, taxonomy terms or external pages / URLs - thats wonderful for SEO automation.
- Make reference section a block
- set number of links: eg. 2 links per 14 keyword occurrences
- add alternative modus (on the fly linking - old style)
Versions 2.x and 3.x were developed by segments and sponsored by Propeople - Austria.
Version 1.0 of this module was sponsored by the LepTree project.
Thanks to omerida for providing patches.