Just a heads up to everyone, Grayside is taking over the maintainer position on this project. -Josh The Geek
This is a Git port of cvs-release-notes.php, which lived in the tricks repo back in CVS land.
This script is a Drush extension that:
- Generates release notes from commits between two git tags or commits
- The end point can also be a branch, for example
drush rn 6.x-1.0 6.x-1.x
--commit-countparameter adds the number of commits to the header output
- The command is release-notes, relnotes, or just rn
--gitoption makes the command use the specified git binary
- In the output, any commits that contain an issue number (#12345), it will be transformed into a link (<a href="/node/12345">#12345</a>)
- If the commit message has any combination of leading 'Issue ', 'Patch ', or '- ', they will all be removed, for consistency.
--baseurloption allows you to change the base of the issue links to a different site.
- Support for
hook_release_notes_alter()is an alter hook for the output
webchick tried testing this with Git 1.7.1, and it did not work. (Issue: #1077938: grn doesn't work with git <1.7.3)This should work back to Git 126.96.36.199.
- Please use 6.x-2.2 or greater, lower versions did some very unholy things. The 6.x-1.x branch is a standalone script, and is not supported.
The script was originally written for CVS by dww.
Josh The Geek ported it to use Git, for #1002410: Convert CVS changelog auto-generation script to Git.