This module is designed to be an alternative to Organic Groups (OG).
Organic Groups allows content itself to be groups, which isn't always what people want. Furthermore it does nasty things with its og_group_ref field, making the creation of subgroups overly complicated.
Groups instead creates groups as entities, making them fully fieldable, extensible and exportable. Every group can have users, roles and permissions attached to it. Groups can also act as a parent of any type of entity. Seeing as a group itself is also an entity, creating subgroups is very easy.
This module is currently under active development, but should have a working alpha release soon.
The development of this module is sponsored by the AP University College (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Community, Content, Content Access Control, Content Display, User Management
- Reported installs: 8 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 736
- Last modified: April 11, 2013