Some users are accidentally click the submit button more than once while waiting for their post to be saved. In some cases this may result duplicate postings or duplicate e-commerce orders.
There are few ideas on how to solve duplicate postings but none is perfect. One of the solutions is a bit of jQuery to hide or disable the submit button after it has been clicked and replace it with an informative text such as "Please wait..." .
Note: the 7.x-2.x branch of the module has different features than the 6.x-1.x and 7.x-1.x branches. The 7.x-2.x branch aims to be simpler, easier to use, and easier to maintain while still being extensible to provide the advanced features of the previous versions of this module. Some of the descriptions on this page apply to one version or the other and will hopefully be clarified over time.
- Hide (or disable) the submit button after it has been clicked
- Display a message and/or pre-loaded image (AJAX-like animation or such) while waiting
- Randomize images for each page load
- Exclude or enable hiding for certain forms
- Multi-language message support
- Ted Serbinski - I took the snippet from his blog
- The 7.x-2.x branch draws heavily from the Block Submit module.
Animated loaders resources:
- Create a custom animation with the ajaxload.info animation generator
- Another great animation generator loadinfo.net
- 3D preloaders reloaders.net
Hiding buttons of AJAX forms may cause unwanted results
The 6.x-1.x release adds configurations that can overcome such conflicts by excluding forms or buttons from the script.
- Using disable mode sometimes causes problems with multiple operation forms.
- If you want to join forces and help improve this module please contact me. I'm short of time and will appreciate any help including porting to D7, help with open issues and open for new ideas