Homebox allows site administrators to create dashboards for their users, using blocks as widgets. Blocks in a Homebox page are resizeable, and reorderable by dragging.
Homebox is currently used on Drupal.org for the 'Your Dashboard' feature.
Version 3.x of Homebox is under active development for Drupal 6 and Drupal 7, with many new features and improvements. Versions 6.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x have been deprecated. There is no upgrade path from 6.x-1.x to 6.x-3.x or 7.x-2.x. You must completely uninstall version 6.x-1.x prior to installing version 3.x.
Homebox was largely rewritten in preparation for the Drupal.org redesign. As a result, we have moved continued D6 development to the 6.x-3.x branch.
At this time, the 6.x-3.x branch is recommended for new development or upgrades from the 6.x-2.x-dev release.
6.x-2.x has been is no longer supported following discovery of several security concerns.
If you are currently running a 6.x-1.x release, you must completely uninstall the module before installing a newer version of Homebox.
7.x-2.0-beta6 has been released. The core homebox module should be more or less production-ready. However, the status of the Homebox OG integration is unknown. Please help test and fix this portion, so we can release 7.x-2.0!
- Create as many homebox pages as needed.
- Each homebox pages as its own access permissions by role.
- Block layout and status is saved per-user, so each user can reorder, resize, add and remove blocks to meet their specific needs.
- Layout settings autosaved via AJAX.
- Users can set color (manually or via Color Picker) for each block (available colors are defined per homebox pages).
- Integrated with Views 2 and its exposed Ajax filters. Exposed filter settings are saved between sessions.
- All Homebox pages are alias-able via the core Path module.
- Uses the block system, so anything that can be exposed in a block can be made available to Homebox.
- Comes with documentation through the excellent Advanced help module.
- Homeboxes may be placed in code via hook_homebox().
- Import/export homebox pages.
- Optional block title overrides.
- Option to have a Homebox appear on a user profile tab.
- Easily create custom region layouts (easier than Panels).
- User-added custom blocks.
- Option to disable theme block regions so homebox can go full-width.
- Latest jQuery UI 6.x-1.3 (Drupal 6 only)
Recommended / Integrated modules.
Tested with the following themes
- Acquia Marina
- Acquia Slate
- Bluemarine (core)
- and Garland of course
Homebox permet à vos utilisateurs d'avoir une page du type iGoogle, Netvibes ou BBC.co.uk. Homebox peut être vu comme le module MySite, mais celui-ci ne sera pas porté sur Drupal 6. Homebox fonctionne différemment, il est pour le moment uniquement basé sur les blocks Drupal. Ce qui laisse suffisamment de souplesse pour présenter du contenu à vos utilisateurs.
Portions of the Drupal 7 port sponsored by PINGV Creative.
"...first let me say that your module is the best I have seen on Drupal. I absolutely love it."
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 2249 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 48,521
- Last modified: May 11, 2012