This is a collection of modules to extend Drupal core multilingual capabilities and be able to build real life multilingual sites. Some features:
- Taxonomy translation (both, per language terms and translatable terms)
- Multilingual variables
- Multilingual blocks (control visibility per language and translate title and content)
- Language selection (when you switch the site language you'll see only the content for that language)
- Requires Variable module 2.x (Drupal 7)
Read a complete feature overview in the Internationalization handbook: Building multilingual sites .
Drupal 7 upgrade
- Internationalization Views, translate some Views properties (new project for i18nviews module)
- Language Icons, will add icons to language links for nodes and blocks.
- Translation Overview, to have a comprehensive view of your content translation status.
- Localization Client, will allow on screen translation for user defined strings
- Internationalization contributions, miscelaneous modules to add features or support for other modules.
Full list of contributed modules for Drupal 7.x that extend i18n features .
Internationalization for Drupal 6 is the previous stable release of the module. Though it will be maintained and get bug fixes, don't expect new features for it. This is the documentation for the 6.x version: Internationalization 6.x handbook.
If you want to speed up maintenance bug fixes for this version you can a) Write unit tests or b) Apply to become a maintainer or c) Help cleaning up the 6.x issue tracker. (Just whinning on the issue tracker will actually slow down maintenance).
The module development and documentation for Drupal 6 has been sponsored by Development Seed
Support and customizations
The module author provides paid development and consulting services. Contact Jose Reyero.