Some content/nodes should never be viewed directly; only visible be through something else such as Views or Panels. This module denies access to node/[nid] URLs while allowing the content to stay published and otherwise viewable. Try the demo!
- Index all content in search, but 301 redirect content to the correct View/Panel on a different path. Example: A View with named anchors as titles. See this on the demo!
- Deny the existence of select node/[nid] URLs by returning a 404 instead of a 403.
- Add an edit link field for each node in a View, then automatically redirect back to the View after saving changes.
- Creates a permission per content type which when disabled denies node view to the specified role.
- Adds an option to content type edit forms for administrators to select the result of a direct node view.
- Node view options are Allow, Not Found, Access Denied, and Redirect.
- Redirect URL/path can use tokens, anchors or $_GET variables.
- "Denied action setting per-node" in content type settings. Node default is to use content type default.
- hook_url_outbound_alter() implementation to rewrite URLs of denied nodes to the redirect URL.
- Simpletests for content type settings, node settings, and hook_url_outbound_alter().
- Rules integration - Node view denied to user
- internal-node class on <div> and optional status messages for users with permission to view blocked nodes.
Create a feature request issue if you need any of this functionality sooner than "the future"
- Custom Drupal message per-content type or per-node.
- Rules - Set 'view action'
- Views - List blocked actions for each node
- PHP/Hook for redirection location
- Simpletests for minor features