Give users a virtual pat on the back.
Similar to functionality on yelp.com, users can send and receive little award like items such as "nice quote" or "funny joke" or "great picture" from other users. With the integration with Userpoints module, users can earn points by having a kudo awarded to them.
Basically, you can curently do the following:
- Limit what users can give kudos (access control)
- Limit what users can receive kudos (access control)
- Limit what kind of content can receive kudos (sIte config)
- Limit an individual kudo to a specific content type(s) (content mgmt)
Note: content types include comments
- Allow users to un-give (rescind) a previously given kudo (site config)
- Control the form that a kudo button will display as (html button or graphic icon)
- If graphic icon, the icon can change depending on the status (give, rescind or disabled)
- Control when and how often the kudos cache gets updated... this is used for statistics rather then tablulate how many kudos each person has in real time across the board. This can range from real-time to periodically (minutes... hours.. days.. .weeks)
- Including for Drupal 5.x
- Integrates with Userpoints 2.x and 3.x modules, each kudo can be worth a different point value
- Integrates with the Activity module
- Including for Drupal 6.x
- Integrates with Userpoints module
- Generate reports and blocks with Views integration.
- Place the module into your modules directory
- Activate the module from the administation area
- Under /admin/settings/kudos, configure the global handling of kudos, such as what content types can receive kudos
- Under /admin/content/kudos, add one or more kudos, and select the content types that each kudo is useful for.
- Under /admin/users/permissions and grant appropriate permissions under kudos > give, rescind, receive and view
- Add/view content. Note. If a custom theming has been applied to nodes, then you may need to update the template file in order for the kudos to appear. When using the default node theming kudos should appear automatically.
Kudos in action
Note: No new features will be added to the Drupal 5.x branch.