In a nutshell, the LimeSurvey Sync module is a new and powerfull survey module on Drupal integrating in a user-friendly way the best free open source survey software : LimeSurvey.
Compared to the well known webform module : this module does everything that webform does and much more.
- manage answers as nodes (allowing to manage access to answers),
- store revisions (older versions) of answers,
- make graph results availables,
- manage huge surveys,
- compare answers.
Non exhaustive comparison between this module and webform :
|manage all input elements (textfield, radio buttons, files, etc...)|
|userfriendly interface to build surveys|
|manage multilingue surveys|
|import surveys or answers|
|handle multipages surveys|
|manage anonymous surveys|
|export results to csv|
|export results to professionnal formats (SPSS, R)|
|answers are stored as nodes|
|display real-time results as graphics|
|survey automatic translation (using Google API)|
|manage huge surveys (thousands of questions)|
|automatically import users informations into results|
|various themes for surveys|
|compatibility with the queXML standard|
* : webform and some extra modules enhancing it.
How does it works ?
- Surveys must be created from your Limesurvey admin interface,
- then be imported into your drupal site.
- When creating or editing an answer, your drupal site redirects the user to the completing form on your LimeSurvey site.
- The answer can be automatically imported after completion.
Note than you can choose to print the LimeSurvey form into an invisible iframe : the user will feel of staying on your Drupal site.
Exporting results or printing graphs are managed from your LimeSurvey admin interface.
Easy to install, no module required. Read the readme file for install instructions.
The testing interface helps to correctly configure the synchronization between your Drupal site and your LimeSurvey site.
The Limesurvey software is designed for surveys, but it can handle any simple or complex form, especially if you need to export results.
For example, reporting systems can use it.
Test it !
This module is highly customable : more than 40 options, correctly set by default.
Thoses features can be enhanced by the compatibilty with famous Drupal custom modules:
- Views in order to display last submited answers (as an example),
- Rules in order to fire specific actions (as an example : sending an email on importing answers),
- display the LimeSurvey form into a lightbox :
This module is available as stable version for Drupal 6 and Drupal 7.
It is compatible with LimeSurvey v1 and LimeSurvey v2 (current stable LimeSurvey version).
More to come
More features to come such as the ability to compare several revisons and the synchronization with Fields Drupal core module.
This module is available in english and french languages.
Feel free to translate it into your own language. Translate contributors are welcome.
Reporting bugs, questions ?
On the project official issues page.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Evaluation/Rating, Import/Export, Multilingual, Statistics, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 149 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,516
- Last modified: January 25, 2013