Have full control over the default mails sent by Drupal 7 out of the box.
This small module extends original Drupal 7 account settings page with the ability to globally turn ON/OFF all standard mails.
By default Drupal 7 provides no option to globally disable the following mails:
- Welcome (new user created by administrator)
- Welcome (awaiting approval)
- Welcome (no approval required)
- Password recovery
This module may come in handy when:
- you don't want to send those emails for some reason
- or you are sending them through some other means
- or to get rid of the PHP Mail error message when you’re working on localhost
- or other development purposes
How to use
- download the module and place it under 'sites/all/modules/contrib' folder
- with Drush use: drush dl mailcontrol
- enable the module from the modules page: 'admin/build/modules'
- configure the setting at the bottom of the page under
This module provide only interface modifications.
The underlying functionality is already there by default in Drupal 7.
There are discussions to have the ability to turn on welcome emails in D8 core.
See this issue for more details: #901518: Option to disable welcome emails and messages
If so, this module could continue in D8 to provide the ability to turn off
Account cancellation confirmation and Password recovery emails, I suppose, mainly for development purposes, if needed.