Create nodes by email!
Mailhandler takes mail (usually from an IMAP mailbox) and imports it as whatever type of content you choose. Plug-in modules allow you to do more awesome things like post comments, select different authentication methods, and set properties such as published / sticky status using "commands". Hugely powerful and flexible, but includes a "quick-start" module to help get you started.
For a complete list of features, see the Mailhandler 2.x README file.
To get started, see the "Quick setup" section of the Mailhandler 2.x INSTALL file.
Mailhandler 6.x-1.x is simpler than 6.x-2.x, but is not nearly as extensible. Mailhandler 6.x-1.x is unmaintained.
Mailhandler 6.x-2.x and 7.x-2.x rely on Feeds and CTools to do a lot of heavy lifting. There is a fully supported upgrade path from 1.x to 2.x. If you are installing Mailhandler for the first time, it's recommended that you try 2.x unless you have a compelling reason to use 1.x, since 2.x is the only currently-maintained branch.
- Mail Comment - post comments by email
- Media Link Command - extract video links from emails
- Single Mailbox - use catch-all mailboxes
- Send To Auth - authenticate users based on send-to address
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Import/Export, Mail
- Reported installs: 4391 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 40,903
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 3, 2012