Uses the Media module to provide a rich media gallery. It currently supports images and youtube videos well. Other file types may or may not work as well, but the facility is there to add them.
This module was developed by the engineering team at Acquia.
- Add media from URL, upload or existing files
- Multi-file upload
- Set rows and columns and dynamically size images to fit space
- Lightbox support
- CC license settings
- Title, description and tags on images
- Drag and drop re-ordering
- Gallery collections to group related galleries together
- Creates gallery blocks
- ColorBox jQuery plugin (unpack it in sites/all/libraries)
- For multiple upload: Plupload (see further instructions on their project page
Media gallery is in BETA
Media Gallery is in BETA status. We don't recommend using it on production sites, unless you're able to tolerate bugs, and you maintain frequent database backups of your site. You can use the dev-version, but do not expect it to be production ready. Do not expect upgrade paths before we reach stable.
- #1244204: Make media_gallery work with media-7.x-2.x branch
- #1391928: "remove media from a gallery"-checkbox is not shown in edit/multiedit form
- #1286266: 'View media' permission ignored
- #1333674: Conflicts with other modules so media_gallery_collection not called which creates Huge Images On Main Gallery Page
- #1220466: Cannot edit Media since field_license is required but cannot be entered
The next releases will be released when they are ready. Speeding up the process means helping out in the issue queue. Here are the outstanding issues for the upcoming releases:
- 7.x-1.0-Beta9: http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/media_gallery?text=&assigned=&su...
- 7.x-1.0-Beta10: http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/media_gallery?text=&assigned=&su...
- 7.x-1.0: http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/media_gallery?text=&assigned=&su...
How can I help?
- Answer questions in the issue queue. There is enough to do in the issue queue. Please share your insights.
- Review patches. We need to move the patches through the issue queue, so please help review them. For an easier start, use the media_dev-profile.
- Write patches. Dig into the issue queue and fix some of the outstanding issues.
- Write tests. At the moment there is no tests for this module.
- Drupal handbook. Add some documentation to the Drupal Handbook.
You can try it out yourself by creating a site on Drupal Gardens.