Meta tags support for Drupal 7 sites based on Fields API.
Starting from version 7.x-2.1, meta tags functionality is splitted to several modules:
Main module. Adds meta tags support for site pages
Imports nodewords (D6) data
(Experimental) automatic settings. Currently supports only keywords and description tags
Comparison of meta tags generation modules can be found here.
Upgrade from nodewords
Upgrade path from existing nodewords data (D6) is possible in 7.x-2.x series.
- Place the entire metatags_quick directory into your Drupal sites/all/modules/ directory.
- Enable Meta tags (quick) module by navigating to: Administer > Modules
- Configure module-specific settings: Administer > Configuration > Search and meta data > Meta tags (quick) settings.
- Import nodewords data: Administer > Configuration > Search and meta data > Meta tags (quick) settings > Upgrade from nodewords.
- Meta tag fields can be added manually in content type configuration: Administer > Configuration > Content types > Manage fields.
I have started this project as my personal workaround of the meta tags problem in Drupal 7. Since then, surprisingly lot of people have downloaded and use it, so now it takes more of my time than I have planned initially.
If you find this module useful, please consider helping me to add new features and fix old bugs :)
Your support is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!