Notice to upgraders to RC5
Enable entity module before placing new scripts on your server.
An all-embracing and flexible package which includes a mutual credit ledger, super-configurable transaction forms and displays, including several views and blocks. It can be used as a digital back-end for paper money projects, or to run an entire LETS, Timebank, or several in parallel. With a little tweaking, it can manage currencies conforming to a wide range of designs. Autopayments can be done with a little glue code.
Features (implemented in v3 beta)
- multiple currencies with fine grained access control
- Fieldable transactions
- customise your own 1stparty, 3rdparty transaction forms
- pending transactions (parties must 'sign')
- actions / triggers for notification
- pluggable min/max balance limits
- complete views integration
- visualisation & stats
- API for other modules to create transactions
- join the Community Forge network with other (drupal) sites
For more info, read the blog.
Time Banks, LETS, B2B
Community currency projects should find that this module works almost out of the box, but if you have no resources to commit to properly customising such a web site, you should think carefully about whether you have the resources to nurture a new economy! This is not a shop, a cart, or an ecommerce system, but a mutual credit system which tracks credit extended between users, though it will meet more business-like objectives in time.
Contrast with userpoints in which points are awarded to users for their online activity.
Hours module is much simpler than mutual_credit.
Community Forge & other examples
Community Forge offers free hosted sites designed for LETS / Time Banks, using this module. Or start developing your own site by downloading the Cforge distro.
Timebanks USA is also using it for 350 sites (not counted below). Plus Time/Bank, an arts exchange project, RCredits, an SMS driven local currency, and numerous other home-made sites such as
Get in touch for the latest on...
- Swoppable transaction engine using new internal API
- basic SMS interface
- commerce payment method
- mutual guarantor system
- Tax/tithe and demurrage tools
- rules integration (help needed!)