Allows users to assign role-based viewing and editing permissions for nodes. This module has a couple of different objectives from other node permissions modules.
1) If you only need to manage who can edit content (not who can view pages that are in the published state), you can disable and hide the view permissions component of this module.
2) Users can optionally be restricted from editing their own node permissions.
3) Use this module in conjunction with both Actions module (http://drupal.org/project/actions) and Workflow module (http://drupal.org/project/workflow) to dynamically alter node permissions when a node changes state (for example, you could give write access to users in the Reviewer role when a node changes workflow from 'draft' to 'review').
A version for 4.7.x is now available for testing. The latest bleeding edge version is located at:
The CVS version at Drupal is usually a couple of minor revisions behind but is often better tested. Also note that tar file below takes a while to be updated from Drupal's CVS repository.
- Module categories: Security
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Downloads: 194
- Last modified: June 10, 2006