OAuth implements the OAuth standard for use with Drupal and acts as a support module for other modules that wish to use OAuth.
Version 3.x is an entirely new module, previously known as OAuth Common, that takes an extended approach to dealing with OAuth. Not compatible with older versions of the OAuth module.
All modules implementing the API of version 2.x and previous are not compatible with version 3.x and need to rewrite their implementations for 3.x.
Version 3.x has oauth_common as its module name to avoid conflicts with modules supporting the old version.
Using the PHP library included in 3.x without using the rest of the module is strongly discouraged. It's for internal use of the OAuth module only.
Need to log in users through an external OAuth based API? Take a look at OAuth Connector.
This is the current roadmap as imagined by the module maintainers
If you want to help with anything in the roadmap - please start an issue so that you can collaborate with us.
Add better support for using headers with OAuth requests- Done
- Make sure this module conforms to the changes made in OAuth 1.0a and IETF OAuth 1.0 - Partly done (client works)
- Stable release for Drupal 6 - tracked by the OAuth 3.x Stable tag
- Add experimental support for the OAuth 2.0 draft
This module includes a slightly modified version of the OAuth PHP library, and is located at https://github.com/juampy72/OAuth-PHP.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Security, Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 31300 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 116,504
- Last modified: May 5, 2013