- Demo showing how much time you can save creating structured nodes with this module
- Demo of the keyboard shortcuts functionality provided via jwerty integration
The Outline Designer is a user experience module that makes book management more intuitive. Essentially it overlays on the admin book outline page so that you can use AJAX to build and edit site outlines much faster then Drupal traditionally allows.
6.x-2.x branch (Upgrading from 1.x to 2.x)
If you are upgrading from the 1.x branch, uninstall 1.x and then add the 2.x version. Removing the original files will help keep things cleaner down the road as things have been shifted around based on best practices. There is no database work done so an upgrade should be as easy as uploading the module and running the modules page (hitting submit at the bottom).
This branch is in active development. Please help out by testing out the nightly devs and submitting patches. This is a direct port of the 6.x-2.x branch with some minor tweaks to make it work with drupal 7. It definitely has bugs still but can at least be installed for testing.
Modules implementing Outline Designer
- Hidden Nodes - Hide single nodes or entire branches with optional recursion for hiding content.
- Book Copy - Duplicate parts of the sub-structure, this has been abstracted from the core OD package (use 2.x version of book copy).
- Book Title Override - Override the title of book pages as they are presented in navigation / menus
Here is what the core Outline Designer API provides
- Reorder content via drag/drop with AJAX updating
- Collapse branches for easier viewing as well as set default state of collapse on load
- Set theme / skin of content menu
- Collapse / Expand All branches
- A flexible API for hooking in other operations into the outline designer context menu
- Support for non-book "tableDrag" items
Here is a comprehensive list of the features the outline_designer_book module provides
- Context menu with buttons Add child content, Edit and View Shortcuts, Rename, Duplicate branches of content, Delete branches of content, change node type
- Rename content inline
- icons on settings page per content type
- context menu permissions per role
- iterative duplication with additional token
- permission structure that will allow normal users to outline parts of books
- Plays nicely with Book Manager module
- Keyboard based shortcuts if you have librarires API and jwerty installed.
This project has been created as part of the ELMS initiative at Pennsylvania State University.
If you think this module rocks, let other people know with a Tweet
Roadmap: The 2.x branch will accept patches for integration with views (draggableviews), taxonomy, menu or other implementations. All 1.x development is considered done and 2.x should be tested / patched.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Developer, Education, Organic Groups (OG), Site Navigation, Utility
- Reported installs: 792 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 35,246
- Last modified: May 7, 2013