Project6 Base (p6_base) theme is meant to be used as a startup theme for your web projects. It comes with a sub-theme which should be the one to be used. Do not use the p6_base directly.
Read "Installing themes" at http://drupal.org/node/176045, if you are not familiar with installing themes, or need help installing.
Download the theme from the project page at http://drupal.org/project/p6_base to your themes folder. It is usually sites/all/themes directory.
There are two methods for creating a sub-theme for p6_base main theme. The easiest and safest way is using the Drush tool. You can also create a sub-theme manually.
Creating a sub-theme using Drush
- Copy the downloaded theme into your site's themes directory.
- Empty Drush cache so the Drush command would be available.
drush cache-clear drush
- Run following command to see available options:
drush help p6_base
- Create a sub-theme, using the default options.
drush p6_base "My theme name"
- Or, create a sub-theme with the options you define:
drush p6_base "My theme name" my_theme --description="My theme description..."
- Drush, will create a sub-theme in the same directory as p6_base with the defined options.
Creating a sub-theme manually
- Copy "P6_SUBTHEME" folder to sites/all/themes directory.
- Rename "P6_SUBTHEME" folder to "my_theme"
- Rename P6_SUBTHEME.info.txt to my_theme.info
- Rename all the files prefixed with "p6_subtheme." to "my_theme."
- Edit "my_theme.info" and "template.php" to do a find & replace;
- Find "P6_SUBTHEME" and replace with "my_theme".
Enable your new theme
Visit /admin/appearance page and enable your new sub-theme.
This project is developed by Osman Gormus and sponsored by Project6 Design, Inc., a leading Drupal design firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Visit us at www.project6.com or contact us at email@example.com