PageFlip simulates "flipping through the pages" of books, magazines, comics, flyers, or other "book"-like content.
Content is created using three content types:
- PageFlip Page: Represents a page and allows uploading two resolutions of each page.
- PageFlip Chapter: Represents a chapter or section and acts as a container for PageFlip Pages.
- PageFlip Book: Represents one full document (e.g. a comic book). Defines the front cover page, inside-front-cover pages, and chapters that comprise the book.
The reason PageFlip allows uploading two separate images (rather than simply using ImageCache to resize the image) is because your content that was created for the 1920x1080 resolution might look horrible when scaled to 1280x720.
- Pages are arranged so that chapters always start on the right-hand side.
- fades between page pairs when "flipping" pages--not quite as fancy as the MegaZine viewer, but more fun than a page refresh
- has a drop-down "Front cover/chapter 1/chapter 2..." selector that allows quickly navigating through the book being viewed
- optionally integrates with ShareThis (provides a place to paste your ShareThis widget code on its settings page)
- optionally integrates the vote_up_down module for book voting
The MegaZine3 Flash viewer
- provides a setting to customize options sent to MegaZine in the XML <book> tag
- provides a setting to customize options in each XML <page> tag
- allows overriding XML generation on any page with completely customized XML
- Flash viewer requires MegaZine3 -- unpack it into (e.g.) sites/all/libraries/mz3 and set it up at admin/settings/pageflip/megazine3
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Games and Amusements, Media, Paging, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 305 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,859
- Last modified: April 29, 2012