What is It?
PixGather is a Drupal Module and PhoneGap Application that allows users to easily upload photos to your Drupal site. The app was developed for a wedding - so guests could all upload their pictures to one central location, but makes sense for all sorts of purposes.
How do I use it?
- Download the Module and enable it on your site.
- Make sure you have an entity type / bundle that has a text field (for the uploader's name) and an image field (for the uploaded photo)
- Visit the PixGather configuration page (admin/config/media/pixgather) and set your secret code, entity, and fields.
- PixGather provides a default rule to handle image uploads, override the rule if you'd like, or diable it and make your own rule.
- Download the PixGather App from the Google Play Store or download it on iTunes
- Configure the app on your phone to point towards your drupal installation with the correct secret code, and you're good to go
iOS App in the Apple App Store. This app was developed using the PhoneGap framework, which means it should in theory be easy to port to other phone OS's. Custom rules to create the new entity and set its data values
- Authentication with Drupal username / password
- Clean up / Speed up the smartphone app
Please join us in turning this app into the canonical Drupal photo upload solution.
This app was developed by Merlin Education