This module allows users to set privacy options for their profile fields when using the core profile.module. It does not create any settings pages or configuration screens, and it integrates seamlessly with the existing profile module.
When configuring profile fields, a new checkbox appears below the normal visibility options "Allow user to over ride visibility". Checking this box allows a user to make a private field public or a public field private.
Notice: Any other contrib modules that display profile field values are not likely to adhere to privacy settings set by this module, use at your own risk.
Drupal 7 port in the works. Drupal 5 version of Profile Privacy is now unsupported.
The 6.x-2.x branch is maintained by Chris Pliakas (cpliakas). The improvements added since the 6.x-1.x branch are listed below:
- Views integration
- Hooks that allow modules to add custom access settings
- Drag-and-drop interface to order custom access settings
- User Relationships integration
- Various bugfixes and code cleanups
- A revamped UI: see #1404590: Suggested UI improvement for field privacy controls