This module provides project management tools for Drupal sites.
Projects are generally assumed to represent software that has source code, releases, and so on. The Project module provides the primary "project" content type(s) and the ability to classify and browse projects. The included Project release sub-module enables managing downloads of different versions of the software represented by the projects. These modules provide the project and release management tools for Drupal.org.
To enable issue tracking (tickets) for your project nodes, please download and install the Project issue tracking module.
Specialized project search and browsing functionality is provided by the Project ApacheSolr integration module.
How To Get Involved
There is a D7 port of drupal.org happening *right now* and anyone can help! Read the Drupal.org D7 upgrade community initiative page first, then search for issues tagged with both 'Drupal.org D7' and 'project'.
The 6.x-1.0-alpha5 version of this module is the one that's running on Drupal.org. There are still some blockers to fix before we can create an official 6.x-1.0 release. Production sites are discouraged from upgrading their 5.x version until there's an official 6.x-1.0 release.
This module is maintained by a team of people:
- Derek Wright (dww) of 3281d Consulting has been the primary maintainer since 2006.
- Neil Drumm (drumm) from the Drupal Association is now the product owner for Drupal.org, and heavily involved in the D7 porting effort.
- Brandon Bergren (bdragon) of Tag1 Consulting has been a co-maintainer since 2010, is the primary maintainer for the Project usage submodule and usage statistics, and is heavily involved in the D7 port in general.
- Michael Prashun (mikey_p) of Shomeya Inc has been a co-maintainer since 2011.
- Greg Knaddison (greggles) joined as a co-maintainer for the D7 port in December 2012.
Past maintainers include:
- Kjartan Mannes (kjartan): the original author and maintainer until 2005
- Nedjo Rogers (nedjo): primary maintainer from 2005-2006
- Chad Phillips (hunmonk): co-maintainer from 2007-2012
- Adam Light (aclight): co-maintainer from 2009-2010
Many thanks to all of their contributions over the years.