- enables granular publish and unpublish permissions:
- global (un/publish any content)
- per "node type" (un/publish any [nodetype] content)
- per user (un/publish own [nodetype] content
- adds a "Publish/Unpublish" tab to the node page for one-click un/publishing.
- exposes publish/unpublish links to your views, making it easy to streamline workflows for reviewers, editors and publishers.
- is lightweight and always will be.
After enabling it, you just need to go to the Drupal permissions page, and set the various permissions:
- "publish any content": you can publish any node
- "publish any 'nodetype' content": you can publish any node whose type is 'nodetype'
- "publish own 'nodetype' content": you can publish any node whose type is 'nodetype' authored by you
- "unpublish any content": you can unpublish any node
- "unpublish any 'nodetype' content": you can unpublish any node whose type is 'nodetype'
- "unpublish own 'nodetype' content": you can unpublish any nodes whose type is 'nodetype' authored by you
It's almost too obvious to write: click the 'Publish' tab to publish and 'Unpublish' to unpublish. It's that simple.
Note: the permissions above will override node permissions. In other words, if a user is assigned "publish any content" permission, they will be able to do so even without "administer nodes" permissions. Please see the access permissions reference for more about these permissions.