Scaffold provides integration between Drupal and the CSS Scaffold library by Anthony Short.
This module lets themers use the Scaffold framework to write their theme's CSS. Scaffold is a modern CSS framework in the spirit of LESS and SASS based on PHP that allows use of mixins, constants, functions, and grids.
- Constants / variables can be set through the UI to easily customize the theme.
- Compatible with base themes.
- API to add Scaffold stylesheets through a function : scaffold_add_css().
- Ability to add Scaffold stylesheets from the .info file of the theme.
- Ability to call Scaffold files through an URL.
- Compatible with the libraries module.
- Displays parsing errors.
- Works with Drupal aggregation.
- Hooks to provide custom extensions (2.x branch).
- 1.x : Use with the legacy version located at http://github.com/sunny/csscaffold.
- 2.x : Use with the ongoing rewrite located at http://github.com/anthonyshort/Scaffold.
- Download and extract Scaffold from location matching your branch (see above).
- 1.x : Use the "scaffold" subfolder.
- 2.x : Rename the extracted folder as "scaffold".
- If you have the libraries module installed, put the "scaffold" folder in sites/all/libraries, otherwise put it directly in the scaffold module folder. Be aware that the Scaffold repository location is likely to change.
- Install & enable the module.
- To add a Scaffold stylesheet to your theme, just add your stylesheets to the .info file as below :
scaffold[all] = style.css
scaffold[print] = print.css
- To add a Scaffold stylesheet from code, use the provided scaffold_add_css() function :
scaffold_add_css($path, $type, $media, $preprocess);
- You can also call a Scaffold stylesheet from an url (useful for IE conditional stylesheets) :
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="'. base_path() .'scaffold/'. path_to_theme() .'/ie-fix.css" />
Additional hooks are provided to add configurable constants / variables and, for the 2.x branch, custom extensions. See the README.txt file for more information on these hooks.