The SexyBookmarks for Drupal module is a port of the WordPress plug-in by the same name.
The sole aim was to stray away from the "in the box" thinking behind most social bookmarking plugins, and add a little flair that would entice your readers, rather than deterring them with microscopic icons that get lost in pages heavy laden with content.
SexyBookmarks for Drupal was ported and is maintained by Stuart Clark (deciphered).
SexyBookmarks is owned and operated by Shareaholic.
- Support for more than 80 social bookmarking services.
- Multiple configuration profiles - Features exportable.
- Multiple display options:
- Node item/Psuedo field for Nodes.
- Display Suite/Node Displays field.
- CCK/Field / Views formatters:
- Link module
- Node Reference module
- plus an example Custom Formatter for extended support
- Views module content field.
- Current URL.
- Site URL.
- plus an example Boxes block for extended support
- Drupal API theme() function.
- Support for:
- [D6] Formatter Settings module - Provides profile settings to Formatters.
- [D6] Redirecting Click Bounder module - logs incoming clicks from SexyBookmark shared links.
- Shorten URLs module - Adds extra Shorten URL providers.
Upgrading from 6.x-1.x
Important: Due to the API change in the new 6.x-2.x and 7.x-2.x branch it is not possible to retain/upgrade SexyBookmarks settings. It is not recommended to upgrade on a production server.
Configuration / Help
Configuration and Help can be found both in the README.txt and with the Drupal Core help module:
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Community, Content Display, Syndication, Theme Enhancements, Views
- Reported installs: 1837 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,799
- Last modified: November 8, 2012