The SMS Framework is set of modules that enables interaction between mobile users and Drupal using SMS. Several popular SMS gateways are supported and the included API allows developers to add support for additional gateways. The API also allows other modules to implement SMS features.
The SMS Framework allows you to:
- Send SMS messages using any supported gateway
- Collect, confirm, and store mobile information for Drupal users
- Send batch messages to Drupal users
- Allow users to send nodes or portions of nodes to mobile phones
More components will become available as development continues. Discussions are taking place on the SMS Framework Group.
We are not currently accepting additional gateway modules into the project. The overhead required to maintain them within this space will slow our overall progress. Feel free to share your custom gateway modules in a new project, below is a list of known sms gateway modules:
- email gateways - sending sms via email (through supported carriers)
- Mobile Commons
- ... post an issue to get others added here
If you use another gateway with a simple HTTP API you may find the simple gateway module a possible option instead of writing your own gateway.
The Drupal 7 version is under development at the moment. Currently the following modules are up to par and work well:
- SMS Framework
- SMS User
- SMS Blast
- SMS Valid
The following modules still need to be reviewed for completeness, please test them and add any issues you see in the issue queue. We will be reviewing them one by one until they are all done!
- SMS Actions
- SMS SendToPhone ( being reviewed my nmcclain )
These modules are being considered to be branched off/removed from the main SMS Framework
- SMS Devel ( branched )
- SMS Track ( branched )
- SMS International ( removed )