Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your Drupal site. You can use themes contributed by others or create your own to share with the community. Contributed themes are not part of any official release and may not have optimized code/functionality for your purposes. You can also create a sub-theme of an existing theme. A sub-theme inherits a parent theme's resources. Read more about Sub-theme structure and inheritance. You can also view a full index of themes listing only their titles.
This is a re-implementation of the Contented7 theme by Tom Rowan. This is a tableless, multi-column, fluid width layout. Parts of the design are ported from K2 theme. This theme is part of the project PantaRei Siren.
(2011-07-24) This theme is now revamp as Zen subtheme (http://drupal.org/project/zen). You will need to install it with this theme as below:
- contented7 7.x-3.0 => zen 7.x-3.1
- contented7 6.x-2.20 => zen 6.x-2.1
- contented7 7.x-3.x-dev => zen 7.x-3.x-dev
- contented7 6.x-2.x-dev => zen 6.x-2.x-dev
A Quick Review
- 100% open source
- Validate with XHTML 1.0 and CSS2
- Fully tested with Acid2 compatible browsers, e.g. Firefox 4, IE 9, Chrome 11, Safari 5 and Opera 11
- Most likely function with legacy browsers, e.g. Firefox 2/3, IE 7/8, Chrome 9/10, Safari 3/4 and Opera 9/10
- Support multiple (i.e. 1/2/3) columns
- Support both fixed, fluid and liquid width layout
- Support 960 Grid System
- Minimum layout width depend on number of columns
- Support both LTR and RTL layout
- Support custom CSS file, so-called
- Support multiple block regions in Drupal 7.x style
- Fancy icons for meta data from spirit20-GPL
Scruffy is a grungy, two-column blog theme originally designed for Wordpress by Cobus Bester. The Drupal port preserves the same fundamental layout, with minor tweaks to work with non-node pages, Drupal status messages, and so on.
Polpo is a Drupal 6 admin theme created by Australian Drupal developers <PreviousNext> that aims to make Drupal administration tasks easier for large corporate and novice users alike.
Specifically designed for making administration tasks clearer and easier to navigate, Polpo uses a fluid two column layout ideal for content editing on larger screen resolutions. This is achieved through the use of larger font sizes, clearer spacing and distinct colours to aid the usability of common tasks. Many of these approaches are being adopted for the new Drupal 7 admin interface, so Polpo aims to bring some of these ideas to sites currently running Drupal 6.
- Customisable header/link colours to match a client's branding.
- Clean, simple form fields and tables.
- Unique, professional look and feel for Drupal's admin pages.
- Two column (main/sidebar) fluid layout.
To take full advantage of Polpo's features, we recommend it is installed in conjunction with the Administration Menu (Contributed) and Color (Drupal Core - Optional) modules.
Drupal 7 Release
A sober but stylish theme, good for blogs.
- Simple 1, 2 or 3 columns fixed layout
- Nice semantic calendar markups for posts
- Ported to the last 2 versions of Drupal
- Supports menus in the footer
- i18n support (translated to french)
Alek 2.0 is the next theme contribution, in series, by SEOposition.com. Based on amadou theme, it has a three-column(Content | Left Sidebar | Right Sidebar) layout, with three additional columns(block regions) just above the footer, giving you chance to place more of your blocks with less cluttering! The block(bottom) titles are iconed by default, however, you can anytime digg into the style sheet and easily change the icons to suit your needs!
Alek 2.0 provides most aspects of the layout themed to the classic but realistic fashion.
OM Admin is a subtheme of OM Base Theme.
This Admin Theme is meant to be installed with Admin Menu module, the most powerful administration menu. Together, OM Admin theme and Admin Menu work hand in hand with functionalities and simplified admin page layouts.
Documentation (ver 2.x)
Documentation (ver 1.x)
- OM Base Theme - Simple, professional, lightweight base theme, for custom theming
Blackout features a clean and modern design ideal for blogs and small websites.
- Support for site name, slogan, primary links, mission, shortcut icon and user pictures
- Fixed width layout
- Supports both 2 column and 3 column layout
- Cross browser compatible
Tested in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Safari 3.2 & Chrome
iWebKit is a web toolkit designed to create iPhone and iPod touch compatible websites and webapps. It is very easy to use, extremely fast, compatible and extensible. iWebkit is available under GNU license and can be downloaded from http://iwebkit.net.
iWebkit theme for drupal is to make your drupal websites iPhone/iPod compatible.
An important part of building mobile websites is automatic detection of the user-agent (mobile device) so you can switch to an appropriate theme, or re-configure the layout for your mobile browsing. Once you've detected the device, you can present the website in a theme tailored to it.
Few modules to detect user-agent(browser) and switch drupal theme to appropriate mobile device compatible theme are:
* Mobile Tools http://drupal.org/project/mobile_tools is a very advanced module targeted both towards making a mobile version of your existing Drupal site, and detecting user agents for switching theme to mobile theme. A good tutorial how to use this module is available here.
* WURLF http://drupal.org/project/wurfl is module provides an API for to detect which device is accessing the site and also determine the device's capabilities (e.g. screen size, support for ajax, which device, touch_screen, etc ...). WURLF is available for download from SourceForge (it's an opensource project).
A cloudy day theme is a standards compliant XHTML 1.0 Strict, table-less theme with 2 fixed columns to fit a 1024x768 screen, designed and developed by Carette Donny.
- XHTML Strict 1.0
- Support for logo, slogan, mission, primary links, user pictures,...
- Regions: Content, Right, Footer
- The primary menu (located at the top) contains automatic dropdown so there's no need for extra modules.
- Tested on browsers: IE6, IE7, IE8, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox
Like this theme? Please consider donating to this project.
Configurable 24-column grid system at your fingertips!
Negosyante is a blue and grey HTML5 sub-theme of Groundwork.
"Negosyante" is a word in the Filipino language meaning a person of affairs, engaged in business. An entrepreneur.
Key features of Negosyante:
- Configurable block backgrounds
- Superfish support
Inherited from Groundwork:
- HTML 5
- Web accessibility optimized with ARIA roles
- 24-column grid system based on 960.gs
- Supports one, two, and three-column layouts
- 15 regions with a special "Aside" region visible only in nodes.
- Optimized typography for all standard elements
- Advanced Theme Settings
- Powerful layout engine provides unlimited layout possibilities
- CSS Reset
- Collection of preset CSS classes
- HTML5 polyfill to support older browsers
- Formalize: HTML5 ready, progressively enhanced, cross-browser forms
- Icons for common Drupal form fields such as search, username, and password fields.
- and many more.
What is red and black and white all over?
Includes the 2 sub-themes:
- "Barroness" which has the sidebar located on the left.
- "BarronRTL" which adds Right to Left Language support.
Note About the Silk Icons Set
The Silk icons set used for this theme has been removed from the Drupal repository. The icons are not licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and violated Drupal Git policy.
The icons that this theme uses are from the FamFamFam Silk Icons set, by Mark James, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. You can download the Silk icons pack from the author's website free of charge.
Download the RTL Icon available for Barron RTL sub-theme.
Special thanks to Avior for the RTL theme code!
Profolio is a clean and neutral XHTML 1.0 Strict Drupal 7 theme.
- Multiple columns
- Tableless design
- XHTML Strict 1.0
- Up to 10 different block regions
- Browser Compatible: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE
This is the theme of my color based Admire series. Its a wide (around 996px) and fixed width theme for those who are looking for high quality, clean and web2.0 style theme for their Drupal CMS.
This project was previously maintained on different URL (http://drupal.org/project/admire-gray). This URL change was necessary to fix a major bug in the theme which was in short project name of previous project. In brief, the fault was in '-' character. Now it has been replace with '_' character.
Contribution from WorthaPost - Drupal Themes
Talata is a clean, simple theme for Drupal 7.
The goal is to create a theme that is simple, clean and can serve as a base for quickly creating your own theme. Here are some initial features:
- Multiple columns - 1, 2, and 3
- Tableless design
- XHTML + RDFa validated
- Built-in CSS-based drop-down menu
Here is a demo site for the Talata theme.
The Corky theme is an office style theme with a bulletin board background complete with push pins. It is a fluid div based layout with a number of regions that allow site flexibility.
If you like this theme follow us on twitter: @rapiddoodle, @edelachev, @p_rip
Corky was sponsored by Rapid Doodle Designs
Sports Zone is a clean, beautiful, simple, easy to use theme for websites in the sporting industry.
- Simple and clean design.
- Drupal standards compliant.
- HTML Valid.
- Integration with Blueprint CSS, a powerful and simple HTML grid.
- Compatible with every major browser.
For any customizations, do not hesitate to contact me ;-) (dicix.ro)
Status: I had to find the people using my theme through google to find the error. I've fixed the errors I found and have released version 1.0 of the theme. Please use and test.
This theme is a blog theme for Drupal 6. The footer is designed to have 3 columns, so for the best aesthetic look, multiples of 3 are the best look for this theme (3, 6, 9 blocks). Pain staking attention to detail to make this theme look exactly like the original template, and less like a typical drupal site.
I used jQuery to hide/show the categories on node pages. Forum's are built based on the taxonomy system, so special attention was paid to how categories display on forum pages. I also used print style sheet so users can print pages without having to go to the print view of a page before printing. There is no logo on the theme.
The icons were provided by
Mark James @ famfamfam.com Lullabot!
The theme has been tested very thoroughly to be multi-browser compatible. Mainly, the theme was tested for IE6, IE7, FF2, and Safari. Tests on Opera are coming soon.
I'm very excited about this theme and would like it to become a premier blogging theme in the Drupal community.
XHTML 1.0 Strict & CSS 2.1 Complaint
The Community Media Theme is a sub-theme of the adaptive Omega theme aimed at community media center. This theme was derived from work done for Manhattan Neighborhood Network and refined by work funded by channelAustin.
As an adaptive theme it is designed to work well on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. As with all sub-themes it is meant to be customizable to suit the specific needs of the community media center. It can be integrated with the Community Media Slideshow module.
Please note that all the work is going into the 2.x branch of the theme now. It's based on Zen 5.x instead of Omega and it has a new layout developed by channelAustin. However, it's still in development stage and not yet ready for production sites.
Business lite is a Professional Business Theme perfect for any business with a featured slide show. Business Lite is a wordpress theme created by CyberChimps. The drupal port was developed by Zyxware Technologies. This theme is based on the 960 Grid System.
The theme has been tested in Firefox 14.0, Google Chrome 21.0, Chromium 18.0 (all in Ubuntu). The theme is fully XHTML and CSS compliant. Let us know the compatibilities in other browsers and we can update the list here.
Notes: How to enable slide show
Business Lite theme comes with a featured slide show. To configure slide show, follow the steps:
- Goto admin/appearance/settings/business_lite.
- Now select Banner managment and upload your images and click save configuration
A simple yet elegant theme, ideal for a blog.
A port from the free template Dark Blue from minimalistic-design.net
You can see the original demo here: http://www.minimalistic-design.net/newtemplates/2/
Released under GNU/GPL license for the drupal community with consent from the author.
Go to /admin/build/themes/settings/darkblue to configure the:
- Site name
- Site slogan
- Footer message
- Shortcut icon
- Search box
- Primary Links
- Secondary Links
- Blog entries with fancy dates (taken from clean template) for BLOG content types
Regions available for blocks:
- Content Top *
- Right sidebar
- Footer *
* Both regions "Content Top" and "Footer" are layed out to have the block's width be a third of the space available.
So, if you have 3 blocks they will display side by side properly; If you have more they will drop to the next line.
If you want to have only one block on the whole region, you will want to edit the layout.css and remove the width for the blocks in that region.
See the README.txt file for more information.
Airy Blue is a blog-style theme originally created for Open Source Catholic. The theme uses some CSS3 features like rounded borders and text shadows, and includes styling for most of Drupal's default markup. It has a 'light' and 'airy' feel to it, and matches well with Drupal's default shades of blue.
- Light and easy on the eyes
- Tested in IE 6-10, FF, Safari, Chrome
- Up to three columns w/ 200 pixel sidebars
- Styling for comments, user pictures, signatures, node forms, etc.
#D7CX: I pledge that mulpo will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
Mulpo is the new theme for mulpo.com. It is a simple clean theme with semantic markup, ideal for blogs. The mulpo theme manages to look very stylish with just one background image, all the rest is done with CSS. The current release of the mulpo theme has semantic clean markup, and is very very lightweight. Mulpo has only been tested in Firefox and Safari.
You can find an article about some of the best Drupal themes here: http://mulpo.com/top-drupal-themes
This theme was featured in these blog posts:
Impulse is an easily customizable and light weight theme for Drupal 7.x,The main feature is you can edit the basic colors for your website like header,footer,links,sidebar,title and slogan color etc.It has 15 regions so you can customize your website in any form.The highlight of this theme is its navigation it is
very neat and mashable.com like navigation.
Main Features :-
The future of this theme is unknown, I think I'm gonna convert it to a framework or something like that.
mpFREE is a premium Drupal theme. See it in action
- Over 20 regions.
- W3C valid xHTML\CSS design.
- Compatible with all major Web browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari)
- RTL (Right-to-left) language support.
- Built-in style for the Superfish module (At the 'Header' region).
New in v1.6:
- A new colour scheme (Light blue).
- Few fixes.
- The width of your logo has to be maximum 250 pixels.
- It's not recommended to put more than 1 block in either "Left" or "Right" regions.
- As of v1.6 you have the option to change the default blue colour scheme to the newly added "light blue" colour scheme via
Administer > Site building > Themes > mpFREE > configure > Theme-specific settings - I personally don't have much time to put on more colours, so be generous and share yours :)
- "Header" & "MainMenu" regions are particularly suitable for 'menu' blocks.
- Upgrade to Drupal 7.
Chamfer is a theme developed originally as a customizable, simple, rapid prototyping theme for online courses. It has since evolved into a theme used to present online courses at penn state as well as a number of other regular drupal sites.
Features of 7.x
- HTML5 / 960 responsive / adaptive theme
- Simple, clean user interface
- Works well with Tinynav.js
- Full color module integration with many default templates
- Developer support for modules to define additional color templates
- Omega sub-theme
- Feature's based delta-block / box placement via Context