The Tray module provides a tray for your Drupal website. This tray acts as a holder for blocks. Once installed, a new region is automatically added to your Drupal site. You can drag and drop blocks in this new region to place them in the tray. The tray can act like an application bar. (see demo here)
Blocks placed in the tray have two display types :
The handle display provides a handle to open/close the block in the tray.
The full mode displays the content of the block in the tray itself. This is useful when you want to place text
in the tray or add a copyright notice. Chat modules can be integrated easily in the full mode.
- Install as any other Drupal module.
- Once installed, go to sites/build/block to add blocks to the tray. (if you cannot see the Tray region, flush the cache.
- To configure the display type(handle or full), click on configure next to a block on the block page.
Drupal 7 version
- We added support for ajax blocks.
- We added support for left and right positioning of blocks.
- Permission for users to view and use the tray.
- A new theme to match Bartik