The TVI (Taxonomy Views Integrator) module allows selective overriding of taxonomy terms and/or vocabulary with the view of your choice. Using TVI you can easily create custom views to output all terms in X vocabuarly.
TVI will try not to interfere with views or taxonomy/term page displays if no TVI views exist for the current page request.
Lets say you have a vocabulary defined for events, news items, and blogs. If you want to have a calendar view for all term displays in events, a node view for all news items, and you want to have standard taxonomy displays for blogs, this is where TVI shines.
Using TVI you can customize the look and feel of any and all terms in a vocabulary with only one view. Since you are using individualized views, you can modify the display plugins, sorting order, and more, giving you greater flexibility in re-working your term displays to your specifications.
How do you use it:
- Enable TVI module (requires taxonomy and views)
- Set permissions regarding TVI administration
- [optional] Define a new view, clone taxonomy/term/* view, or you may use a view from code.
- After you know what view you want to use on a vocab or term, simply visit the term or vocabulary edit page that the view should be applied to, select the view that you wish to use using the drop-down select list, select the view plugin, and save your changes.
The D6 version is currently the only stable version. The D7 version needs a bit more testing. Also, several patches were recently applied to the D6 branch and have not yet been applied to the D7 branch.
Thanks for the Patches!
- Fix problem with D7 branch discussed here: #1107972: TVI Doesn't overtake core taxonomy/term/% path
- Update D7 branch to same capabilities as D6 version
- Add support for parent term display inheritance for nested terms - currently only supports view display inheritance from vocab to term : #1073846: Inherit parent terms settings?
- Allow arguments, other than the standard taxonomy term with depth, to be passed to views used for taxonomy term or vocab overrides.
- Update to enable views 2 or 3 to be used.
Please read the README.txt found here for more information.