With VIE you can easily interact with RDFa-annotated content on your pages, as well as connect with various semantic services like Apache Stanbol and DBpedia.
All entities you deal with are managed in a centralized collection, and VIE provides ways to deal with namespaces, relations between entities, and if needed, your content type system.
VIE is used as the basis for a wide variety of tools ranging from content annotators to full front-end editing interfaces and semantic browser extensions. You can find many of these from the Widgets section of the VIE-homepage.
- The base-module just adds support for adding the VIE.js library and the VIE.js widgets via drupal_add_library().
- The optional VIE.js autocomplete module allows using the VIE.js autocomplete widget as field API widget with term reference fields.
- Backbone.js module
- Libraries API
- jQuery Update (dev version from 12.12.12 or later) - VIE.js requires jQuery >=1.6, thus select an according jQuery version. Recommended is the 1.7.x version.
drush make vie.make --no-core --contrib-destination=/path/to/drupal/sites/all/
- VIE.js is configured to make use of an Apache Stanbol installation at
http://localhost:8080by default. This can be changed by setting the variable 'iksce_vie_stanbol_url', e.g. put in your settings.php file:
$conf['iksce_vie_stanbol_url'] = 'http://example.com:8080';
- This module is developed by Wolfgang Ziegler (fago) and Roni Kantis (bfr).
- Development is sponsored by Druid and drunomics.