#D8CX: I pledge that Views Send will have a full Drupal 8 release on the day that Drupal 8 is released
Views Send enables you to send mass mailing from a View.
How does it work?
- Create a view and add at least one column containing e-mail addresses.
- [Optional] Expose Views filters to let the user easily build list of recipients using UI.
- For Drupal 6
- Create a "Page" display and set the style to "Bulk Operations".
- On "Bulk Operations" style configuration, under "Selected operations", select
Send mass mail (views_send_mail_action).
- For Drupal 7
- Add the "Global: Send E-mail" field to your view. This field provides the checkboxes that allow the user to select multiple rows.
- Create a "Page" (or "Block") display.
- Save the view, load the page, use exposed filters to build the list, select all or some rows and choose "Send mass mail".
- Fill the message form to configure the e-mail. Use tokens to personalize your e-mail. The module provide also row-based tokens, taken from the current row of the view. For example, if the view has a column with the key
users_name(the user name) you can use this replacement token
- Preview and send the message.
Note: For Drupal 6 messages are always queued in a spool table and delivered only on cron. (You can control how many messages will be send per cron run.) For Drupal 7 you can select to send the message directly using the Batch API in stead.
Dependencies & Integration
- Views, of course.
- The Drupal 6 version of Views Send depends on Views Bulk Operations (VBO) - version 1.11 or newer.
- The module integrates features from:
- Mime Mail. When the Mime Mail module is enabled, the user can choose to send rich HTML messages.
- Tokens. When the Tokens module is enabled, the user can insert context tokens into the subject or body of the message. Note that row-based tokens are available even if the Tokens module is disabled.
- Rules. (Drupal 7 only.) When the Rules module is enabled, the user can define actions for when emails are sent and/or placed in the spool.
You may want to try also:
- Views Mail. See what's different: Views Send vs. Views Mail.
- Simplenews. See what are the advantages over Simplenews.
- Views Rules (Drupal 7 only). Use this module if you want to send bulk/mass mail from Rules based on results from a View.
Some pieces of code were inspired by Simplenews module.
How can you get involved?
- Write a review for this module on drupalmodules.com.
- Help translate this module at localize.drupal.org.
Maintainers & Sponsors
- Maintainer: hansfn (Hans Fredrik Nordhaug).
- Module author of original Drupal 6 version: Claudiu Cristea.
- The Drupal 6 version of this module was sponsored by Webikon.