Do you like grid systems? How about rapid prototyping? Do you believe in mobile first? Then this theme is for you.
From the Zurb Foundation homepage:
An easy to use, powerful, and flexible framework for building prototypes and production code on any kind of device.
Mockups don't tell a story. Build a prototype in no time.
The difference between a good site and a great site is iteration — building something, playing with it, refining it. In Foundation, we've included dozens of styles to help you quickly prototype a site.
See Zurb Foundation in the wild.
Read the Zurb Foundation Docs
In order to use this theme effectively, it may help if you learn how to use Zurb Foundation's built in classes and components:
- Learn how to use the Foundation framework.
- Drupal Zurb Foundation documentation can be found at http://drupal.org/node/1948260. They're currently being worked on #1902848: .css documentation?.
- Or if you'd like try the online walk-through: tryfoundation.io/learn
- PHP 5.3 or later
- jQuery Update 1.8+.
- 8.x-4.x, 7.x-4.x: Zurb Foundation 4.x gem
- 7.x-1.x: Zurb Foundation 3.x gem
Selecting a Zurb Foundation Version
- 8.x-4.x: Is the upcoming twig port of the 7.x-4.x Branch for Drupal 8.
- 7.x-4.x: Utilizes Foundation 4's latest and greatest features. Currently in heavy development and the currently the least stable branch. Please hold off on filing bug issues.
- 7.x-1.x: The most stable branch uses Foundation 3.2. It's still being maintained as well.
- Best way to use Foundation elements
- Add Grid to block items
- Status messages in Modal
- Output Foundation Navbar
- The theme uses a newer version of jQuery so that could cause issues if you use some JS plugins or ajax. The workaround is to actually install jquery_update or use an alter in your sub-theme. See #1779484: Depends on jquery 1.7 or read about using newer versions of jQuery for more workarounds.
- Theme also requires php 5.3 otherwise a notice will occur: #1899620: Notice: Use of undefined constant __DIR__ - assumed
Foundation is made by ZURB. This theme implements the Foundation framework for Drupal.
- Try IRC! There's an unofficial #zurb-foundation channel on freenode. Come idle! Not everyone here is part of the drupal community but will do their best to help you with your Zurb Foundation questions!
- Zurb Foundation Google Group